Brain Foods To Add To Your Diet
Have you noticed that you have more focus on some days rather than others? It could be the result of diet changes. What you eat can play a large part in your memory and concentration. These are some of the best examples of brain foods you can add to your diet:
Nuts & Seeds
– Almonds (Try among butter instead of peanut butter) – High concentration of vitamin E, which can help fight Alzheimer’s and other cognitive issues.
– Other nuts and seeds – While almonds have more vitamin E, peanuts, cashews, and other nuts and seeds (sunflower seeds) are great vitamin E snacks as well.
– Salad with spinach leaves – Loaded with vitamin K and folate to improve “episodic memory.”
– Broccoli – Includes vitamin K and Choline.
Bright Fruits & Veggies
– Beets and Carrots – Increase blood flow to the brain.
– Berries (Add them to a smoothie or eat them as a snack) – Improves memory.
– Fruit Juice – While high in sugar, fruit juices are better for your brain and body than sodas!
– Cherry Tomatoes – Cherry tomatoes have carotenoids, which improve cognition and memory.
– Green Tea – Green tea, in particular, can improve your ability to learn quickly. As a bonus, it also boosts your metabolism! Tea also contains the amino acid L-Theanine, which is more relaxing than caffeine alone. That’s why tea is better for your brain than coffee.
– Salmon/Tuna – Omega 3 helps not only your memory but also your speed in recovering a memory.
Need help making changes to your health care? Call HealthTN today and set up an appointment to speak with an agent. Our goal is to get you into the best plan at the best price for your health care needs. Call today at 615-541-4257.